The UAE lands two spots in TripAdvisor's top 25 landmarks in the world
Not hard to guess which two!
With the summer holidays just around the corner (woohoo!), it's time to planning where your passport will take you next. Stuck for inspiration? TripAdvisor has just released its annual Travellers' Choice Awards which names the top 25 landmarks worldwide.
The list is based on user reviews from the past 12 months and the good news is that you don't have to go too far to tick two of them off your list. The beautiful Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque came in third overall, whilst the Burj Khalifa also came in the top 20 — spot 19 to be exact. As for what took out the number one spot? The Angkor West temple in Cambodia, for the second year running.
See the full list of landmarks below:
1. Angkor Wat, Cambodia
2. Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain
3. Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi
4. St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
5. Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain
6. Taj Mahal, India
7. Duomo di Milano, Milan
8. Alcatraz Island, San Francisco
9. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
10. Parliament, Budapest
11. Old Town Square, Prague
12. Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris
13. Corcovado Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro
14. Eiffel Tower, Paris
15. Tower of London, England
16. Acropolis, Athens
17. Temple of the Reclining Buddha, Bangkok
18. Mutianyu Great Wall, China
19. Burj Khalifa, Dubai
20. Sydney Opera House, Australia
21. Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Peru
22. El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires
23. Notre-Dame Basilica, Montreal
24. Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Japan
25. Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar
Time to get planning, people.