The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said to be planning China tour
According to The Daily Telegraph, a royal source has said that the couple – who are currently expecting their second child – are planning a visit to China following their anticipated and upcoming U.S tour.
The report states that the official tour of China will be taken in a bid to strengthen ties between Britain and the Eastern nation. Talks are said to be in place for the royal couple to visit the country early next year, ahead of Duchess giving birth in April.
The newspaper said that Beijing and Shanghai were likely to be on the young royals hit list for the visit.
Some time has passed since any British royals have taken an official trip to the country – the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visited in 1986, and Prince Charles was there in 1997, when Hong Kong became part of China Earlier this year in June, Li Keqiang – the Chinese premier – visited UK and met with the Queen.
The news of the China visit comes as reports have surfaced that American guests will pay up to $100,000 to dine with the young royal couple on their upcoming U.S tour. According to The Sunday Times, the Duke and Duchess will host a fundraiser at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art on December 9 and guests will include Olivier Sarkozy, Mary-Kate Olsen and Ron Pressman. Buckingham Palace also recently clarified its dress code for royal visits, after hitting some negative press attention stateside in the lead up to William and Kate's arrival.