Number 1: Emaar tops the list of Dubai's top 50 companies
It's big business for Emaar Properties as the company that has been credited with transforming the real estate sector in Dubai, has been named as Dubai's largest company. Founded and listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM) less than 20 years ago, the company is now worth a staggering $15.77 billion.
Visionary developments such as the world's tallest building – the Burj Khalifa – and the whole Downtown neighbourhood, which is set to add the highly anticipated Opera District to its landscape soon, as well as the iconic Dubai Marina development and many of the most popular residential communities, are all part of the Emaar Properties portfolio.
That is not the only good news for Emaar, whose Emaar Malls firm clinches the number three slot on the list of the 50 largest companies in Dubai. The ranking sees Emirates NBD, bank the number two position with a value of $14.82 billion.
Real estate and construction, as well as banking, seem to be the leading industries in the top ten ranked companies, with the exception of Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Co. which makes the list at number five, with a value of $6.53 billion. Trading as Du, the company is Dubai's leading mobile phone, satellite Television and broadband provider.
Discover the top ten list below:
1. Emaar Properties Co $15,770,154,092
2. Emirates NBD $14,827,497,440
3. Emaar Malls Group £11,692,973,738
4. Dubai Islamic Bank $7,383,799,680
5. Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Co. $6,534,335,183
6. Mashreq Bank $5,703,930,800
7. Commercial Bank of Dubai $4,996,044,400
8. Dubai Financial Market Co. $4,443,348,480
9. Damac Properties $4,179,252,400
10. Arabtec Holding $3,326,775,847