Listen now: Buro 24/7 Middle East's Weekend Playlist
3/13/14, 6:00 PM
Buro 24/7 Middle East contributor Maha Sulaiman selects five tracks to get you pumped for the weekend
This weekend's selection is quite eclectic with a mix of genres that will get your blood pumping and your body responsive, with the bass turned up this playlist is one you need to feel not just hear.
1. The nu-disco gods have called upon Aeroplane once again for his remix abilities, this time offering Kimbra's Two Way Street. Imploring the same groove and mellow chord play that we've come to love, his this latest recreation adds the extra boost the track needed.
2. NYC's Chordashian kicks the year off with a brand new take on one of our favourite tracks from 2013 with their remix of Dillon Francis and T.E.E.D.'s Without You. The guys have tweaked their usual sound slightly, and complemented the original with a more club ready vibe, reigning things in with seamless transitions and a weighty bassline prepped for the dancefloor.
3. Versace is a song by American hip hop group Migos, released on October 1, 2013, as their debut single. The track, which was included on their mixtape Y.R.N (2013), was produced by their frequent collaborator Zaytoven. It is performed by members Quavo, Takeoff and Offset. Following a remix by Canadian rapper Drake, the song went viral and peaked at number 99 on the 'Billboard Hot 100'.
4. Long Days. This intriguing boy / girl duo consisting of Jonathan Van Landeghem and Fien Deman operates from Gent, Belgium. They have just finished recording their first songs together, which include delicate tunes drenched in gloom with vocals that will leave anyone silent.
5. Volcano Choir is an American indie rock band from Wisconsin, formed in 2005. The band began as a collaboration between Bon Iver's Justin Vernon and members of Collections of Colonies of Bees. Their debut album, Unmap, was released on September 22, 2009, reaching number 92 on the Billboard Top 200 chart.