Listen now: Buro 24/7 Middle East's Weekend Playlist
This weekends playlist is full of upbeat tracks to ensure you are ready for the upcoming weekend, with a remixed track from Ella Fitzgerald and other artists such as Daughter, you will forget the stress' of the week in no time.
1. UK based London Native, Maya Jane Coles, revamps this classic with her signature deep house style. The soothing vocals and consistent riveting bassline pair for five and a half minute joyride for your ears.
2. The cover of ''Get Lucky' crafted by Daughter, the indie-folk outfit made up of singer Elena Tonra, guitarist Igor Haefeli and drummer Remi Aguilella is an ambient reworking of the track – completely hollowing out the summery, '70′s disco feel and dirty bass lines of the summer smash. Filling the song instead with sparse, spooky echoes and atmospheric guitars.
3. Remixers just can't seem to stay away from Rhye. It stands to reason that Ryan Hemsworth, who favours sultry R&B when he's not refitting Southern rap, would want to take a stab at the L.A. duo's ubiquitous single. Hemsworth shows his usual restraint here, letting the vocal breathe while replacing the minimalist bob of the original with a more dynamic foundation of kaleidoscope tones. In the second half of the song, he upgrades the somnolent bridge with a drum machine and a couple of synth blares.
4. Klangkarussell, the Austrian house duo, aka Tobias Rieser and Adrian Held, got together with soul singer Will Heard to bring the track a vocal sister. The 21-year old British singer lends his alluring vocals to the already soulful melody making for the perfect summer anthem.
5. Paris-based producer Andrea has been making audio waves for quite some time and now adds Rosie Lowe's 'Right Thing' record to the list. Setting the mood with rain drops and timely synths, Andrea takes Lowe's vocals and highlights them in a truly unique/intriguing way. The atmospheric rendition isn't just a remix, it's a new-build with new direction, meaning and purpose.