Buro 24/7 Middle East contributor Maha Sulaiman selects five tracks that will help you unwind in time for the weekend
This weekend's playlist will give you that intense feeling in the pit of your stomach created with a mixture of anticipation and excitement, along with a resonant base from The xx. I can guarantee you will be immersed in these cool tunes from Thursday to Sunday...
1. The xx dropped the effortlessly gorgeous Angels, the first single from their forthcoming album Coexist, and now we've been treated to a stunning unofficial remix that comes courtesy of Cardiff-based duo, Bodhi.
2. Dwig is a German electronic music producer signed to Giegling, a music label based in Weimar. He makes music that can be broadly described as 'downtempo'. His debut album entitled Forget The Pink Elephant was released in 2013.
3. Falcons takes a modern, dirty south spin on four classic hip-hop and R&B tracks.
The first track off the EP, Vroom, is definitely the most popular and catchiest of the tracks. Falcons takes catchy sampling from Missy Elliot's The Rain and rearranges it to make a most soothing 808 bass track.
4. Norwegian Finnebassen (as Finn Pilly) takes on Blake's Retrograde
; turning the minimal track into a buoyant and classic deep house tune. It's hard to improve on the beautiful simplicity of James Blake
, but Finnebassen does well in adopting the original to his own sound.
5. Finnebassen is a killer when it comes to making deep house dawn edits. That's exactly the case here with Denai Moore's track The Lake. The Young British artist's voice is emphasised with an amazing musical arrangement...