From Kylie to Huda, these are the hottest celebrity beauty brands of 2022
Who still reigns supreme?
We know, we've thought about it too – why are there so many celebrity beauty brands? There's a snaking line of celebrities who’ve tried their luck and leveraged their looks in a crowded and competitive beauty market. Perhaps the most famous and flushed are, of course, Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty, a brand that set the standard for diversity and inclusion in the industry the world over; Huda Beauty, who through her matte lipsticks and long-lasting formulas wanted to embrace her Iraqi heritage and create makeup with a Middle Eastern influence; and Kylie Jenner’s Kylie Cosmetics, the make-up and skincare brand that catapulted her, albeit controversially, into billionairesville.
When it comes to a list of beauty brands, celebrity brands tend to reign supreme and new data has ranked the hottest celebrity beauty brands of 2022 so far. According to Money.co.uk, the company has gathered data from over 182 million Google searches and 105 million social media posts from the past year and dissected the top-performing celebrity cosmetics and skincare brands.
In the cosmetics' field, Huda Beauty is the most popular celebrity beauty brand by far with 49.7 million Instagram followers. Following behind is Kylie Cosmetics at 25.4 million and Fenty Beauty with 10.2 million. Despite stiff competition in the skincare space, Kylie's Kylie Skin and Rihanna’s Fenty Skin topped the list.
Below, take a look at the top five cosmetics and skincare brands for 2022, as ranked by Money.co.uk...
Top 5 cosmetic brands:
- Huda Beauty, 49.7 million Instagram followers, 29.8 million Instagram hashtags
- Kylie Cosmetics, 25.4 million Instagram followers, 4.9 million Instagram hashtags
- Fenty Beauty, 10.2 million Instagram followers, 5.3 million Instagram hashtags
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics, 6.4 million Instagram followers, 3.3 million Instagram hashtags
- Florence by Mills, 2.6 million Instagram followers, 989,000 Instagram hashtags
Top 5 skincare brands:
- Kylie Skin, 5.5 million Instagram followers, 385,000 Instagram hashtags
- Fenty Skin, 1 million Instagram followers, 116,000 Instagram hashtags
- Supergoop!, 477,000 Instagram followers, 56,000 Instagram hashtags
- Humanrace, 203,000 Instagram followers, 864,000 Instagram hashtags
- Kora Organics, 436,000 Instagram followers, 42,000 Instagram hashtags
Also read: Chanel Beauty enters a new era with flower power.
Buro 24/7 Selection