Pierre Hardy visits Level Shoe District
Revealing his SS14 collection in Dubai
Those with a penchant for pretty feet are in for a treat this evening, when Mr Pierre Hardy visits Level Shoe District at The Dubai Mall for an exclusive meet-and-greet with his avid footwear followers, plus reveal the SS14 Pierre Hardy collection.
Deemed the shoe connoisseur's label of choice by those in the know, Hardy studied fine art in Paris where he was born and raised, before turning his skilled hands to design. Over a 25-year career, he has formerly worked for Christian Dior, Hermès – managing its jewellery portfolio and launching haute bijouterie – and Balenciaga with Nicholas Ghesquière.
In 1999 Hardy launched his own brand: shoes that became immediately renowned for almost architectural structure, combining strong elements of geometry and colour, and always with immaculate quality.
Five facts to know about the footwear maestro
1. Multitalented when it comes to design, the opening of the first Pierre Hardy boutique in Paris (at the Jardins du Paris Royal) saw a new concept in shop fit, also designed by the man himself.
2. In 1995, Pierre Hardy worked as a fashion illustrator for Vanity Fair and Vogue Hommes International.
3. Last year, Hardy revised the perfume offering by French perfumer Frédéric Malle, by designing travel sprays – going on to win the Wallpaper Award for 'Best New Grooming Product' this year.
4. The book Success is a Job in Paris chronicling his already prolific design portfolio was published back in 2007.
5. In the same year, he designed a capsule footwear collection for GAP. Other collaborations have included a carbon fibre heel with car manufacturer Peugeot in 2011 and this year a nail polish edit for NARS (six iconic duo shades embossed with Hardy's signature cube pattern).
After meeting with a select group of Arab clients and press yesterday, Pierre Hardy will be making a personal appearance at Shoe Level District tonight from 7-9.30pm.